Murray Course Flooding Fly-over
The north gates of the Yarrawonga weir opened last Sunday morning to assist with flood relief efforts upriver.
With the feed from the north gates flowing straight into the Club’s lagoons and waterways, the extra water has forced the closure of the Murray Course until conditions change.
By Thursday afternoon, reduced flow from the Yarrawonga Weir, combined with the warm and sunny conditions has helped to reduce some of the flood water across the Murray Course.
Our thoughts continue to be for our friends downstream in Echuca, Moama, through to Barham, with forecasting over the next few days predicting water levels similar to those in the 1993 flood event.
The vision is a flyover of the Murray Course taken from yesterday afternoon, 20 October.