After a 2-year absence, the Yarra Golf Calcutta Sweepstake returns on Monday 31 October!
Tickets are $2 and are available to purchase from behind the main bar.
Draws will commence at 8pm on Monday 31 October, with auctions to follow.
The prize pool will be distributed as follows:
- 60% to the winner
- 25% for second
- 10% for third
- 5% for last horse over the line
Terms and conditions
- On 31/10/2022 a draw will take place at 8.00pm at Yarrawonga Mulwala Golf Club Resort on the outcome of the Melbourne Cup 2022.
- All tickets entitle the purchaser to participate in the draw for a runner in the race drawn at random.
- Tickets will be drawn in public and matched with a runner in the race at random.
- At the conclusion of the draw for the runners in the Melbourne Cup an auction will take place where people will have the right to bid for the runners that have already been drawn.
- Should a ticket holder not be present at the auction, then that person’s runner will be auctioned and the ticket holder shall receive 50% of the auction price.
- Successful purchasers of runners must pay for their runners immediately after the completion of the auction. No credit will be given.
- 50% of the auctioned price will go to the person that drew the runner and 50% will be added to the prize pool.
- No refunds will be given on scratchings after the auction.
- Winners will be determined by the official placings as declared by the Totalisator Agency Board and will be shared in the event of a dead heat.
- The prize pool is the total amount of money invested (sale of tickets plus 50% of the auctioned amount of each runner).
- The Club will notify the winners by telephone on or after 1st November, 2022 and advise them on how to collect their prize.
- The results will be published internally on Yarrawonga Mulwala Golf Club Resort notice boards & screens.
- Authorised under the provisions of Section 4D of the Lotteries and Art UNions Act 1901